ACROBiosystems is a worldwide leader in developing and manufacturing recombinant proteins and critical solutions. We are committed to excellence in providing quality products and services and accelerating the process of target therapeutic development and its better applications. We are seeking a competent Investment Associate to work with company’s strategy team and financial alliance in the U.S. market, to research state-of-the-art biotechnology and to partner with, license in, invest or acquire companies with strategic alignment to execute collaboration strategy.
- Source and evaluate license-in & investment opportunities in areas from protein/antibody engineering to life sciences tools, devices, and diagnostics
- Strategize implementation and incubation plans
- Communicate with internal departments & strategic partners.
- Conduct market & technical due diligence, and draft investment memos
- Develop market competitive landscape analysis on cutting-edge technology in biotechnology field, including but not limited to, recombinant proteins, antigens and antibody technology, therapeutics, and diagnostics technology
- Develop and execute high-value opportunities and licensing agreements for commercial opportunities (biotech material, companion diagnostics, diagnostics)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostics companies, and academic and medical institutions to understand technology trend and develop collaboration opportunities
- Prospect for leads and identify new opportunities to execute company’s technology transfer strategy by means of license-in, investment, or distribution and procurement
- Work with sales team on key accounts and assist management with strategic planning; provide weekly reports on market activities.
- B.S. in biotechnology or life sciences related discipline required
- 1-2 years of research or business development experience in life sciences industry
- Experience in financial projection, drafting and negotiating term sheets, market analysis license, investment, or commercial agreements preferred
- Fundamental understanding of drug discovery and development, diagnostic product
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and handle pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion to positively promote and drive success on company initiatives